Beautification Committee Report, October 2011
During the current year 2011, the Beautification Committee engaged in the following activities:
1. From January to August, the Committee was responsible for the planning, contracting, and supervision of a comprehensive reconfiguration and upgrade of the entire Undercroft space in order to more efficiently and effectively support the various activities taking place therein. The project was completed during the fourth week of August in time for All Saints’ 30th anniversary celebration, and included the following major elements:
- Expanding the large activity area, including new ceiling, lighting fixtures, and furnishings throughout.
- Relocating the Parish office.
- Reconfiguring the food service area, including new cabinets and appliances.
- Upgrading restrooms, including new fixtures, handicap access and expanded space in the women’s restroom.
- Replacing wooden stairs on the North side of building.
- Relocating the bell tower door.
- All related electrical, plumbing, and painting requirements.
- Storage closets throughout the Church were cleaned out and reorganized to allow for more efficient storage space utilization.
Additional costs involved installing new flooring, renovating the nursery space, and additional weatherproof insulation. Total cost for the project aggregated $126,605. The Committee was instrumental in obtaining gifts and pledges totaling $101,400. The remaining balance was provided by a Credit Line loan arrangement with Virginia National Bank.
2. Each week during the year the Committee supervised the arranging of alter and seasonal flowers, and displayed religious artwork in the Narthex and Undercroft.
3. Members of the Committee selected, planted, and cultivated decorative plantings around the immediate exterior landscape of the Church.
During 2012, the Committee will continue supervising altar and seasonal flowers, selecting and maintaining internal Church furnishings, and insuring the continuing design of the exterior landscape, as well as carrying out other activities and projects as the Rector may from time to time assign.
For the 2012 budget year, the Committee requests $7,000 as follows:
Interior furnishings and religious artwork- $1,000
Exterior landscape plantings and maintenance- $2,500
BC Committee – 2012
Nancy Flentje, Chair
Members: Bruce Carter, Yvette Graham, Ross McDermott, Audrey Moruza